Types of Fish in Texas
February 16, 2011
Since fishing is such a great sport for people of all ages, it is a very popular sport in Texas. Texas Homesites has multiple communities located throughout Texas with fishing amenities. So what types of fish are in Texas?
- Bass: In Texas we fish for both Black and True Basses. The Black Basses include largemouth bass, small mouth bass, spotted bass, and Guadalupe bass. True Basses include white bass, yellow bass, and striped bass.
- Catfish and Bullheads: We also actively fish for Blue catfish, Channel catfish, Black bullhead, and Yellow bullhead.
- Crappie: The most popular types in Texas are black and white Crappie.
- Sunfish: These include Bluegills, Green sunfish, Longear sunfish, Redbreast sunfish, Redear sunfish, and Warmouth.
- Carp and Minnows: In Texas we also fish for Common Carp, Grass carp, Texas shiner, Golden shiner, Blacktail shiner, Red shiner, and Fathead minnow.
Texas has many lakes located throughout the state. Our Bridges at Preston Crossings Community is located near Lake Texoma. Lake Texoma is one of the biggest lakes in Texas and is a great place for the beginner or novice fisherman.
Texas Homesites master-planned communities have homesites with fishing amenities. Most of our communities are located outside of Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin; however, we also have communities that are located in rural Texas land with ranch land nearby. If you are interested in finding a homesite in Texas, please visit one of our Texas Homesites near you!