5 Things to Do on a Rainy Day in Dallas
July 17, 2012
Dallas is blessed with over 230 sunny days, but for every sunny day, a little rain must fall. Never fear. We’ve got the five top things for you to do on a rainy day in Dallas.
- See a sporting event. American Airlines Center was designed to give Dallas a fan-friendly venue with high-tech touches. A rainy day is the perfect time to catch a game at this state-of-the-art sports center.
- The Texas School Book Depository and Museum at Dealey Plaza. The Texas School Book Depository (now called the Dallas County Administration Building) got its claim to fame as the spot where Lee Harvey Oswald fired shots at John F. Kennedy. The museum located on the sixth floor has a historic exhibit about John F. Kennedy’s life.
- Dallas Museum of Art. Featuring a wide array of art, this museum, built in 1903, offers something for everyone. Head to the fourth floor to view the Reeves Collection. You can catch some live jazz tunes on certain nights of the week too.
- Catch a flick. A visit to the Magnolia Theatre will change your image of going to the show. This theatre was voted one of the top places to see a movie in Dallas. Movie, cocktails, entertainment. What could be more fun?
- Check out a college. Dallas is home to the prestigious Southern Methodist University. Visiting a college campus is always fun. Get out of the raindrops at some of the locals’ favorite eateries and get immersed in the college spirit.
There is always a lot going on in Dallas—and all of Texas. If you are interested in moving to Texas or upgrading your home, Texas Homesites has many master planned communities where you can build your Texas dream home. We offer affordable Texas living and some of the best land around. Visit our website to find out more or check us out on Facebook and Twitter.